Sign Language datasets
I’ve recopilated a (non-exhaustive) list of:
- Handshape Datasets: Mostly images of hands annotated with their corresponding shape for image classification)
- (proper) Sign Language Recognition Datasets: Mostly sets of videos with segmented or unsegmented sign recorded by sign language interpreters.
If you know of datasets I’ve missed in these lists please contact me.
Kevin Murphy mantains a similar list for Action Recognition Datasets.
Other similar websites with sign language dataset compilations are:
Papers that cite datasets that are unavailable:
- 480 signs, Indian Sign Language
- Segment, Track, Extract, Recognize and Convert Sign Language Videos to Voice/Text 2012, Kishore and Kumar
- Selfie video based continuous Indian sign language recognition system 2017, Rao and Kishore
- 10 signs, indian sign language
- 24 static handshapes, Indian Sign Language
- Recognition of Indian Sign Language in Live Video 2013, Singha and Das
Hand movement datasets (movement only):
- LIBRAS hand movement
- Hand Movement Recognition for Brazilian Sign Language: A Study Using Distance-Based Neural Networks.
- QLIBRAS: A novel database for grammatical facial expressions in Brazilian Sign Language
Continuous hand pose
- NYU Hand pose dataset
- Real-Time Continuous Pose Recovery of Human Hands Using Convolutional Networks